Preparation Table for the Automotive Sector
Problem Faced by the customer:
R.M.S (STOKE) LTD, were contacted by a recent customer to supply and manufacture a bespoke preparation table for the automotive sector.
The customer supplied full detailed drawings with a specification of how they would like the equipment to work.
The equipment would be used to build a steering link in a step by step process with Poka-Yoke mechanisms to help prevent mistakes from the operator.
RMS were required to:
- Manufacture all individual items.
- Purchase all brought in items.
- Design and manufacture the electrical control panels.
- Wire the equipment as requested by the customer.
- Develop a programme which enables Poka-yoke mechanisms, to give step by step instructions to the operator and flag any mistakes.
The equipment was completed at RMS and tests and trials were carried out on-site before delivering to the customer.